Sign up for my newsletter

Wednesday 5 February 2014

The results of me putting the price of Endless Winter down in the uk were quite interesting. I actually sold more in America that day. Now I know that America is a much bigger country and therefore the potential for sales is much higher but come on people!!! Marketing is entirely alien to me. I am the kind of person, that if everybody likes something, I'm guaranteed to hate it and vice versa. i have to admit I don't understand most of the things that are popular culture. In fact I barely watch tv at all (except Big Bang Theory.) I don't know much about the latest trends and if you asked me what is number one in the charts, well there is only a slim chance of me having even heard of them and even less chance of me caring.
"Well, you're old!" I hear you say.
Yes, I admit I'm long past my teenage years but if I'm honest, I was like this even in my teenage years. I loved Tori Amos (Still do!) and most people say "Who?" When I talk about her.
The three people on my 'want to see list' this year are Elton John, Dolly Parton and Lady Gaga.


If you asked me who won America's got talent, Britains got talent, Anywhere's got talent, Celebrity dancing I'd do anything to be on tv in the jungle, I wouldn't have a clue. I do know the name of Tori Amos' new Album though which is enough for me! 
Does this help me market anything? Not at all but at least I watch what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment